- 15% of couples of reproductive age are affected by infertility.
- Age is one of the biggest factors in fertility. Fertility peaks in a woman’s mid-20’s and begins declining from 27, taking a nosedive after age 37.
- Despite popular myths, sexual positions don’t affect your chances of conceiving, and neither does tight male underwear!
- Being overweight or underweight can affect your fertility, and weight issues account for 12% of all infertility cases.
- There is no magic diet that will increase the chances of sperm meeting egg, however a balanced diet high in nutrients and low in processed foods assists overall health. It’s also important for couples trying to conceive to get plenty of folic acid, which helps prevent birth defects and may increase sperm count.
Find out more about: